1 tablespoon olive oil
2 onions finely diced
3 medium carrots grated
3 springs fresh thyme
½ celery finely sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 litre chicken stock
Meat from 1 whole roasted chicken
200g frozen peas
3 tablespoon greek yoghurt
Squeeze lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large heavy based pan. Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic and thyme. Gently saute for 15 minutes.
- Stir in stock, bring to boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove thyme sprigs.
- Add the chicken and peas. Remove half the mixture and puree with a stick blender. Tip back into the pan with the rest of the soup.
- Season to taste and allow to simmer for 5 minutes until hot through.
- Mix the yoghurt and lemon juice, dollop on top and serve.