Pan-frying the beef strips in two or three batches helps to the beef strips brown well, the beef will look good and taste great. Toss the ingredients together just before serving.
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 600 g lean beef strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup snowpea sprouts
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 3 cups vermicelli (glass) noodles, cooked
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped lemon grass
- 1 tbsp finely chopped seeded red chilli
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Coat the beef strips in the oil. Preheat a non-stick pan to moderately-hot. Keep the heat at moderately-high.
2. Cook the beef in 3 batches. Cook the first side until the first sign of moisture appears on the uncooked side, turn and cook other side of lamb strips. Remove the last batch from the pan and allow the beef to cool slightly.
3. Combine the spring onions, capsicum, cherry tomatoes, snow pea sprouts, mixed salad greens and noodles. Pour dressing over salad, add beef strips, and toss well. Scatter with mint leaves to serve.
To make Dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jug.