- 1¼ kg beef brisket
- 2 large brown onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and bruised
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 500 ml salt-reduced beef stock
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp smokey paprika
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
Sweet potato chips
- 350 g small sweet potatoes, finely sliced into rounds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 sesame seed burger buns
- 2 dill pickles, sliced thinly
- 1 purple onion, finely sliced
- barbecue sauce
1.Rub Brisket all over with the dry rub. Place in a glass dish and cover with clingfilm. Marinate for at least 2 hours preferably overnight. Bring to room temperature when ready to cook.
2.Preheat oven to 170°C. Place roasting pan over a cook-top, and bring to a medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and then the brisket. Brown all over and then add the rest of the oil onions and garlic to the pan. Allow the vegetables to soften, about 8 minutes. Add stock, scraping bottom of pan. Cover tightly with foil and place in oven. Cook for 2 hours and 45 minutes.
3.Turn the oven to grill setting set at 200°C and uncover brisket. Cook for 15 minutes turning once halfway through. Remove once crisp, set aside.
4.While the beef is resting, set oven to 200°C, place potato slices on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, toss in sea salt and remaining oil and roast for 10-12 minutes until crisp.
5.Serve beef shredded and chopped in warm buns with pickles, onion and crisp sweet potato chips.
Recipe sourced from www.beefandlamb.com.au