Preparation time – 20 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
Serves – 6
For Home-made Flatbread:
- Cut your lamb into thin strips then hammer with a meat mallet to make thin. Strip 4-6 sprigs of rosemary (keep little tuft on the end to use as your skewer) and put into a blender with some salt. Set aside.
- Trim your skewer to the size of your pan, then thread the meat onto the skewers, folding the meat over as it slides on. Once all threaded on, give your meat a good squeeze flat and then season with rosemary salt on both sides.
- Make yoghurt by adding zest and juice of one lemon, 2 tablespoons of finely chopped mint, 1 heaped tablespoon of finely chopped dill to 300-400g of Greek yoghurt and combine.
- In a separate bowl, get feta and its oil, add a chopped cucumber and chopped tomatoes. Thinly slice some iceberg lettuce, toss and set aside.
- Heat pan and add lamb, turning after 4 mins and cook for 3 minutes on second side. Repeat with other skewers. Heat the flatbreads in the pan and serve as a wrap with salad.
- Add water, dried yeast and a tablespoon of raw sugar into a mixing bowl and stir. The raw sugar will help activate the yeast. Set aside for 5 mins.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add flour. Make a well in the centre and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a tablespoon of salt.
While mixing, slowly add yeast mixture to flour mixture. Keep combining and kneading in the mixer or turn out from mixing bowl, onto a lightly floured surface and hand knead for approx. 10 mins until dough is elastic and stretchy.
- Turn into a round dough ball, coat in olive oil in a bowl and set aside with a tea towel covering it to rise for 1 hour, until doubled in size. Divide dough into portions and then roll each into a ball shape.Cover them in a tea towel and leave to rise again for approx. 15 mins (while you cook your lamb!)
- While your lamb is resting, lightly flour your bench and roll out gently to size of your skillet. Put pan on medium heat, lightly spray with oil and cook flatbreads for 1 min on each side.
Recipe sourced from australianlamb.com.au