Preparation time – 20 mins
Cook time – 120 mins
Serves – 6
Horseradish & parsley white sauce
- Rinse the corned silverside in cold water to remove any surface brine. Place the corned silverside in a large heavy based pot, large enough for the meat to be completely submersed in water. Cover the silverside with cold water.
- Place over a low heat and bring to just a simmer. Skim any scum that rises to the surface. Once all scum is removed, add onion with cloves, bay leaves, sugar and vinegar.
- Partially cover and keep the heat at simmering point, small bubbles will occasionally rise to the surface. Adjust the heat throughout the cooking time.
- Cook until the silverside is tender, about 1 ½ – 2 hours, adding potatoes for last 30 minutes of cooking time. A fork should easily penetrate the centre of the meat and potatoes should be tender.
- Meanwhile to make the sauce, heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually start adding milk, stirring constantly until all the milk is combined and sauce is smooth. Cook stirring, until sauce comes to the boil and thickens, simmer for 2 minutes. Stir through horseradish and parsley, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice silverside against the grain. Serve with the potatoes, steamed greens and drizzle with the horseradish sauce.
Recipe sourced from australianbeef.com.au