- Preparation Time:
- Cook Time:
- Serves: 4
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2tsp oil
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 425g can baby corn, drained, cut into thin rounds
- 2tbsp oyster sauce
- ¾ cup beef stock or water
- 2tsp cornflour
- 150 g bean sprouts, tails removed
- a handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- chilled iceberg lettuce leaves to serve
- Place beef mince in a bowl and mix in a little oil. Heat the wok, ensure it is hot. Crumble in half of the mince. Stir-fry until mince is well browned. Remove first batch, reheat wok and cook remaining mince and then remove.
- Reheat the wok, add the oil, heat oil and add the carrot, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the corn, stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Return the mince to the wok, toss for 1 minute. Push the mince mixture out to the side. Pour in the combined oyster sauce, stock and cornflour, stir as it comes to the boil.
- Stir to mix the sauce with the mince mixture. Add the bean sprouts and coriander, toss to combine. Spoon mince into crisp lettuce cups.
Recipe sourced from www.beefandlamb.com.au