Preparation time: 10 inutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 4 scotch fillet steaks
- Oven-roasted potato wedges, beans and peas
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 egg yolks
- 150 g butter, melted and hot
- Brush each steak lightly with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat the pan to moderately-hot.
- Cook on one side until the first sign of moisture appears. Turn steaks once only. Test the steaks for degree of doneness with tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm.
- Remove steaks from heat, loosely cover with foil and rest steaks for 2-4 minutes before serving. Serve each with a spoonful of béarnaise, and the potatoes, beans and peas.
To make béarnaise sauce;
Process salt, white wine vinegar and egg yolks until smooth. Heat the butter until melted and hot. With the processor running begin to add the butter a little at a time; the first lot should be just a drizzle. Gradually add the butter in a thin stream. Season with black pepper.
Recipe sourced from www.beefandlamb.com.au