- 4 rump steaks, approx 25mm thick and 150g each
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomato pesto
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 80 g bocconcini, sliced
- 4 pieces roasted red capsicum
- Butterfly steaks and open out.
- Spread one side of steak with pesto. Top one half of each steak with spinach leaves, bocconcini and roasted capsicum.
- Fold other half of steak over to enclose filling and gently press together.
- Tie with food grade bands if needed.
- Heat 10 ml oil in large heavy based frying pan. Cook steaks for 3 minutes on each side, over high heat, until well browned and cheese begins to melt.
- Remove to warm plate, cover loosely with foil and stand for 5 minutes before serving
- Serve with sautéed potatoes and green vegetables.
Recipe sourced from www.beefandlamb.com.au