Preparation Time: Cook Time: Serves 4
- 2 200g porterhouse steaks, fat trimmed
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 200g Alfalfa sprouts
- 4 slices wholemeal sourdough, if available
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Brush the bread slices with olive oil. Place them under a hot grill for 1 minute each side until toasted.
- Heat a frying pan. Brush the steaks with olive oil and cook on one side until moisture appears, then turn and cook the other side. Test the ‘degree of doneness’ by touching the meat – it will feel springy for medium and very firm for well done. Remove from heat and allow to rest, loosely covered with aluminum foil.
- Add 1 tsp olive oil to another fry pan and heat; add the cherry tomatoes, honey, garlic, balsamic vinegar and pepper. Sauté until the skin of the tomatoes starts to break. Keep juice for seasoning at the end.
- Place a slice of toast on each plate, spread with avocado, top with meat slices and cherry tomatoes. To serve, add the Alfalfa sprouts and drizzle with juice from tomatoes.
Recipe sourced from www.beefandlamb.com.au