- 12 Beef ribs
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Put the Beef ribs in a large saucepan. Cover ribs with water, and bring slowly to simmering point over a low heat. Gently simmer, partially covered for 1 hour.
- Remove ribs from water and drain on paper towel. Combine the garlic, salt, English mustard, brown sugar, tomato sauce and lemon juice in a bowl and stirto combine. Brush marinade over ribs. Stand for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Barbecue ribs over a moderate heat for 10-12 minutes, turning often and basting with marinade until ribs are golden brown. Garnish with baby coriander leaves.
- Serve with herbed potato salad and spicy tomato sauce
HERBED POTATO SALAD
- Cook 1kg potatoes and allow to sit covered for 30 minutes, then gently drain.
- Combine 1 tbsp lemon juice, 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, ½ cup roughly chopped parsley, ½ cup roughly chopped dill, ¼ cup roughly chopped mint and 3 finely sliced green onions.
- Add the warm potatoes, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and gently fold the potatoes through the herbs.
Recipe sourced from www.beefandlamb.com.au