Slow cooked lamb leg
2 tablespoons olive oil
1.5-1.7kg bone-in lamb Leg
1 carrot, coarsely chopped
1 celery stick, coarsely chopped
1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
3 garlic cloves, smashed
1 dried bay leaf
3 fresh thyme sprigs
3 fresh rosemary sprigs
500ml Campbell’s Real Stock Chicken
500ml white wine
Orange and mint couscous
200 g instant couscous
250 ml chicken stock
2 oranges, zested, peeled, cut into thin wedges
2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 tbsp finely chopped mint
1. In a heavy pan heat oil and brown all side of the leg – remove.
2. In your slow cooker add all the vegetables and herbs, sit the leg on top and pour over the chicken stock and white wine.
3. Leave to cook for about 6-7 hours until the leg is falling apart.
4. Remove pull the meat with a pork and place in a dish to stay warm with 1 cup of the juice form the slow cooker. Discard the rest of the ingredients from the slow cooker.
5. To make orange and mint couscous, place couscous in a large heat proof bowl, bring stock to the boil and stir into couscous. Cover and stand for 10 minutes. Using a fork, gradually loosen couscous then stir in remaining ingredients. Season to taste.
6. Place the couscous on a large serving platter and gently place the lamb on top. We drizzle over a balsamic glaze, our favorite is Simon Johnson’s but any brand will be lovely and remember if you have the time you can make it from scratch.
This dish is lovely served with fresh steamed bock Choy, Broccolini, Beans or any green of your choice.